Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back in Action: Mending broken goals


Unpredictability.
It's what makes the world delightfully interesting and horribly distressing. That could explain why the limbic system in the brain controls both laughter and crying. Both emotions are complete opposites, but you can't have one without the other.

Where am I going with this, you may ask?

Back in February, specific running goals were set, but never met. You can thank the "lovely" spontaneous nature of life that's been thrown in my direction. The entire universe seems to be trying to sabotage my life, Initially, weakness took control, and was leading me down an empty hopeless road.

NOT anymore!

There are much greater and braver challenges people face. How can I simply quit? I must get back up, dust myself off, and continue on with the journey by creating goals that will be met.

For the month of April, my goal is to at least meet head to head with February's miles, and hopefully surpass them.

This past Thursday was Day 1 of my running goal, and I have already accumulated 6 miles. Only 7.8+ MILES to go!!!

***We shall never allow anything or anyone to defeat or destroy our self worth!

No comments: