Sunday, April 17, 2011

Warrior Dash - Bring it on!


You read that right. I'm going to brave the Warrior Dash in Pennsylvania on June 12!

Let the training begin!

Thursday (April 13) was Day 1 of training. I also ran on Friday, and today, Sunday. My total distance so far is 10 MILES!!!

Only 3.2+ miles left till I reach my first "mini" goal by surpassing the mileage accumulated in February, and to make up for that failed goal.

As for the much anticipated Warrior Dash, I will only be representing a warrior. The true warrior is a man braver than anyone I know. A beautiful person both inside and out battling cancer. He has no choice but to fight every day. He doesn't have the luxury to decide or make excuses for how sick he feels one day to the next.

He is my inspiration. A motivation more powerful than I can ever put into words. Just when I'm beginning to procrastinate or give up on training, all I have to do is think of him. If he can't choose, how can I? I can't. Quitting is not an option.

Reminds me of this quote from an Eminem song, "You can sound the alarm. You can call out your guards. You can fence in your yard. You can pull all the cards. But I won't back down!"

No comments: